Under Iowa workers’ compensation law most of the injuries that occur to a truck driver while he is on the road will be considered to be a work injury which entitles the truck driver to work comp benefits.
Truck driving is very strenuous and dangerous work. Truck drivers can be injured in a wide variety of ways, and many of the injuries are very serious. Additionally, the legal issues surrounding work comp injuries to truck drivers are very complex.
We have added a new section to our website that discusses the many issues that come up in workers’ compensation litigation involving truck drivers, including:
- Causes of trucking injuries.
- Jurisdiction/where to bring a claim.
- Compensation benefits under Iowa law.
- Weekly work comp rate for truck drivers.
- Determining whether a worker is an employee or an independent contractor.
You can see our new section on work comp claims involving truck drivers here.